Professional Development Advisement
The Professional Development Advisor (PDA) Program is designed to assist early care and education (ECE) and school-age (SA) care practitioners plan and achieve career goals. PDAs have extensive ECE and/or SA work experience, education, and knowledge of available resources related to professional and career development. ECE and SA practitioners may request this (free) service through Gateways to Opportunity. PDAs are available throughout the state to assist in these areas:
- Exploring careers in early care and education and/or school-age care.
- Creating a professional development plan.
- Providing guidance in building a professional portfolio.
- Locating available courses and professional development opportunities in your area.
- Letting you know about different early care and education and/or school-age care credentials/certificates and their requirements.
- Sharing resources for financial assistance to be used for coursework or training.
- Coaching you on how to find the information you need to accomplish your goals.
- Finding help with basic English or math skills, or support for learning the English language.
Child care centers can also use PDA services for center staff.