The Gateways to Opportunity Family Specialist Credential (FSC) Competency Toolbox includes a variety of resources supporting assessment within a competency-based system.
Toolbox organization is based on the 7 Gateways Content Areas.
- CPD: Curriculum or Program Design
- FCR: Family and Community Relationships
- HGD: Human Growth and Development
- HSW: Health, Safety and Well-Being
- IRE: Interactions, Relationships, and Environments
- OA: Observation and Assessment
- PPD: Personal and Professional Development
Assessments are included within each content area. The Assessments provided correspond to Credential Levels (Level 2, 3, 4, and 5). Faculty select Assessments based on alignment between targeted competency and the highest leveled Assessment target. The following provides an overview of each of the Content Areas, aligned competencies, and related Assessments, by Level (2-5).
Please note: Titles for each Assessment include Level and in some cases, Assessments include multiple choices for each level.
FSC Curriculum or Program Design
FSC Family Community Relationships
FSC Human Growth & Development
FSC Health Safety & Well-Being
FSC Interactions, Relationships & Environments
FSC Personal & Professional Development
Master Rubrics are provided for each of the competencies included within the 7 Gateways Family Specialist Content Areas. Assessments can be designed based on using Master Rubrics in their entirety, or by using a unique compilation rubric rows.
Master Rubric Organization
Each Master Rubric includes the targeted competency in the column to the far left. Columns from left to right denote varying levels of proficiency for each targeted competency.
Master Rubric Color Coding Scheme
Master Rubrics are color coded based on Credential Levels rubric rows align to:
- Level 2 = Yellow
- Level 3 = Green
- Level 4 = Orange
- Level 5 = Blue
FSC Master Rubrics
- Curriculum or Program Design Master Rubric PDFDOC
- Family & Community Relationships Master Rubric PDFDOC
- Human Growth & Development Master Rubric PDFDOC
- Health Safety & Well-Being Master Rubric PDFDOC
- Interactions, Relationships & Environment Master Rubric PDFDOC
- Observation and Assessment Master Rubric PDFDOC
- Personal & Professional Development Master Rubric PDFDOC