The Gateways to Opportunity Infant Toddler Credential (ITC) Competency Toolbox includes a variety of resources supporting assessment within a competency-based system.
The Toolbox is organized to support Assessment of each of the Gateways ITC Competencies. Assessments are organized either by ITC Content Area or within Custom Assessments. Custom Assessments include ITC Competencies from varied ITC Content Areas.
- CPD: Curriculum or Program Design
- FCR: Family and Community Relationships
- HGD: Human Growth and Development
- HSW: Health, Safety and Well-Being
- IRE: Interactions, Relationships, and Environments
- OA: Observation and Assessment
- PPD: Personal and Professional Development
The following provides an overview of each of the Content Areas, aligned competencies, and related Assessments, by Level (2-6).
ITC Assessment Map
ITC Curriculum or Program Design
ITC Family Community Relationships
ITC Human Growth & Development
ITC Health Safety & Well-Being
ITC Interactions, Relationships & Environments
ITC Personal & Professional Development
ITC Level 6 Custom Assessments
Master Rubrics are provided for each of the competencies included in the seven Gateways Content Areas. Assessments can be designed based on using Master Rubrics in their entirety, or by using a unique compilation rubric rows.
Master Rubric Organization
Each Master Rubric includes the targeted competency in the column to the far left. Columns from left to right denote varying levels of proficiency for each targeted competency.
Master Rubric Color Coding Scheme
Master Rubrics are color-coded based on Credential Levels rubric rows align to:
- Level 2 = Yellow
- Level 3 = Green
- Level 4 = Orange
- Level 5 = Blue
- Level 6 = Purple
ITC Master Rubrics
- ITC Competency Table with Benchmark Citations PDF
- Curriculum or Program Design Master Rubric PDFDOC
- Family & Community Relationships Master Rubric PDFDOC
- Human Growth & Development Master Rubric PDFDOC
- Health Safety & Well-Being Master Rubric PDFDOC
- Interactions, Relationships & Environment Master Rubric PDFDOC
- Observation and Assessment Master Rubric PDFDOC
- Personal & Professional Development Master Rubric PDFDOC