Becoming Entitled for the School-Age and Youth Development Credential
The Gateways to Opportunity School-Age and Youth Development (SAYD) Credential highlights the quality, importance, and dedication of school-age & youth development professionals in Illinois. The SAYD Credential validates that school-age and youth development practitioners have the knowledge and education to provide quality programs.
School-Age and Youth Development Credential
- pdf SAYD Entitled Application Introduction (578 KB)
- pdf SAYD Competencies by Credential level and suggested role (554 KB)
- pdf SAYD Competencies within Content Areas inclusive of Benchmarks (937 KB)
- pdf SAYD Content Areas (419 KB)
- SAYD Toolbox
- pdf SAYD Competency Framework (664 KB)
Illinois has a need for quality before and after-school programs. Developed in partnership with Teen REACH and the Illinois Department of Human Services (IDHS), the SAYD Credential highlights provider qualifications and experience. There is currently insufficient coursework that leads to the Gateways School-Age and Youth Development Credential to meet the needs of providers throughout the state.