The Gateways to Opportunity Infant Toddler Credential (ITC) Competency Toolbox includes a variety of resources supporting assessment within a competency-based system.
The Toolbox is organized to support Assessment of each of the Gateways ITC Competencies. Assessments are organized either by ITC Content Area or within Custom Assessments. Custom Assessments include ITC Competencies from varied ITC Content Areas.
- CPD: Curriculum or Program Design
- FCR: Family and Community Relationships
- HGD: Human Growth and Development
- HSW: Health, Safety and Well-Being
- IRE: Interactions, Relationships, and Environments
- OA: Observation and Assessment
- PPD: Personal and Professional Development
The following provides an overview of each of the Content Areas, aligned competencies, and related Assessments, by Level (2-6).
ITC Child Observation/Interview
ITC Environmental Scan
ITC Family Involvement and Communication Artifact
ITC Family and Practitioner Interview
ITC Infant Toddler Resource File
ITC Learning Experience and Implementation
ITC Development Presentation
ITC Interaction Observation & Checklist
ITC Infant Toddler Philosophy Assessment
ITC Level 6
ITC Master Rubrics
- Curriculum or Program Design Master Rubric pdf PDF (114 KB)
- Family & Community Relationships Master Rubric pdf PDF (155 KB)
- Human Growth & Development Master Rubric pdf PDF (146 KB)
- Health Safety & Well-Being Master Rubric pdf PDF (155 KB)
- Interactions, Relationships & Environment Master Rubric pdf PDF (158 KB)
- Observation and Assessment Master Rubric pdf PDF (118 KB)
- Personal & Professional Development Master Rubric pdf PDF (150 KB)
Master Rubrics are provided for each of the competencies included in the seven Gateways Content Areas. Assessments can be designed based on using Master Rubrics in their entirety, or by using a unique compilation rubric rows.
Master Rubric Organization
Each Master Rubric includes the targeted competency in the column to the far left. Columns from left to right denote varying levels of proficiency for each targeted competency.
Master Rubric Color Coding Scheme
Master Rubrics are color-coded based on Credential Levels rubric rows align to:
- Level 2 = Yellow
- Level 3 = Green
- Level 4 = Orange
- Level 5 = Blue
- Level 6 = Purple