The Technical Assistance (TA) Credential is designed for professionals working in a variety of roles that relate to relationship-based professional development (for example: Coach, Mentor, Quality Specialists, Professional Development Advisors, etc.) The Technical Assistance Credential requires the completion of an Associate’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university and at least 2,000 hours of work experience providing relationship-based professional development and 4,500 hours of experience work experience in your area of specialization.
The Technical Assistance Credential is a symbol of professional achievement for those who:
- Act as a coach, mentor, consultant and/or technical assistance provider supporting professionals
- Exhibit commitment to the use of evidence-based practices when providing service to others
- Utilize relationship-based methods to recognize and build on strengths and capacities of practitioners and programs
- Demonstrate action in pursuit of their own professional development
- Understand principles of adult learning
To start a Gateways Credential application, there are 3 steps:
- Log into your Gateways Registry here - registry.ilgateways.com/login. A paper application is also available, click here.
- Select Gateways Credentials in the "Apply" section. Click the "Apply Now" button to create a new application.
1226 Towanda Plaza
Bloomington, IL 61701
Click here for the pdf work experience form. (445 KB)
To Renew your Gateways Credentials, click here.