The Technical Assistance (TA) Credential is designed for professionals working in a variety of roles that relate to relationship-based professional development (for example: Coach, Mentor, Quality Specialists, Professional Development Advisors, etc.) The Technical Assistance Credential requires the completion of an Associate’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university and at least 2,000 hours of work experience providing relationship-based professional development and 4,500 hours of experience work experience in your area of specialization.
The Technical Assistance Credential is a symbol of professional achievement for those who:
- Act as a coach, mentor, consultant and/or technical assistance provider supporting professionals
- Exhibit commitment to the use of evidence-based practices when providing service to others
- Utilize relationship-based methods to recognize and build on strengths and capacities of practitioners and programs
- Demonstrate action in pursuit of their own professional development
- Understand principles of adult learning
Steps to Apply-New & Level Advance
- Become a Gateways Registry member.
- Download the pdf Technical Assistance Credential Application (399 KB) .
- Enclose a $65 check for payment (made payable to INCCRRA) or make a payment online by logging into your Registry Dashboard. Click on My Registry and then choose the Make a Payment section.
- Mail these documents to:
1226 Towanda Plaza
Bloomington, IL 61701
To Renew your Gateways Credentials, click here.