The Gateways to Opportunity Ilinois Director Credential (IDC) Competency Toolbox includes a variety of resources supporting assessment within a competency-based system.
Toolbox organization is based on the 7 Gateways Content Areas:
- CPD: Curriculum or Program Design
- FCR: Family and Community Relationships
- HGD: Human Growth and Development
- HSW: Health, Safety and Well-Being
- IRE: Interactions, Relationships, and Environments
- OA: Observation and Assessment
- PPD: Personal and Professional Development
In addition, the Illinois Director Credential has 10 Gateways Administrative Content Areas:
- LFM: Legal and Fiscal Management
- HRD: Human Resources Development
- MPR: Marketing and Public Relations
- POFM: Program Operations and Facilities Management
- EP: Educational Programming
- FP: Family Partnerships
- PPS: Personal and Professional Self-Awareness
- LA: Leadership and Advocacy
- OWC: Oral and Written Communication
- T: Technology
Assessments are included within each content area. The Assessments provided correspond to credential Levels (Level I, II, and III). Faculty select Assessments based on alignment between targeted competency and the highest leveled Assessment target.
Please note: Titles for each Assessment include Level and in some cases, Assessments include multiple choices for each level.
Human Resources Development
Leadership & Advocacy
Legal and Fiscal Management
Marketing and Public Relations
Oral and Written Communications
Personal and Professional Self Awareness
Program Operations and Facilities Management
Master Rubrics are provided for each of the competencies included within the 10 Gateways IDC Content Areas. Assessments can be designed based on using Master Rubrics in their entirety, or by using a unique compilation rubric rows.
Master Rubric Organization
Each Master Rubric includes the targeted competency in the column to the far left. Columns from left to right denote varying levels of proficiency for each targeted competency.
Master Rubric Color Coding Scheme
Master Rubrics are color coded based on Credential Levels rubric rows align to:
- Level I = Beige
- Level II = Blue
- Level III = Purple