To Renew Your Gateways Credentials
All Gateways Credentials, except the ECE Credential Level 1 and the SAYD Credential Level 1, need to be renewed every five years to remain valid.
Renewing your Gateways Credential requires at least 45 clock hours of related* training (or 3 semester hours of related* coursework) completed within the last five years and specific to the Credential(s) you want to renew. If renewing four or more Credentials, additional training hours may be required.
*Related coursework and training topics by Credential type:
- ECE Credential: topics related to young children birth through age eight.
- Infant Toddler Credential: topics related to children birth to three and their families.
- Illinois Director Credential: topics related to program administration, ECE, and/or school-age development.
- Family Child Care Credential topics related to family child care, ECE, and/or school-age development.
- Family Specialist Credential: topics related to family development, family services, and/or working directly with families.
- School-Age & Youth Development Credential: topics related to school-age and/or youth development ages 5 through 16.
- Technical Assistance Credential: topics related to relationship-based professional development, coaching, and/or mentoring.
If renewing four or more Credentials, click here.
Steps to Renew
- Be a current Gateways Registry member
- Download the pdf Credential Application Renewal (776 KB)
- Update your Professional Development Record (PDR)
- Submit certificates of completion for training hours and send in as proof of any trainings not in Section 5 of your PDR. Certificates must include the length of training.
- There is a $65 renewal application fee for the School-Age and Youth Development Credential only. Enclose application fee (make checks payable to INCCRRA) or make a payment online by logging into your Registry Dashboard. Click on My Registry and then choose the Make a Payment section.
1226 Towanda Plaza
Bloomington, IL 61701