Child Care Restoration Grants
The Governor and the Illinois General Assembly have directed at least $270 million of the state’s allocation of the Coronavirus Relief Fund (CRF) established through The CARES Act to support the economic health of child care providers as our economy reopens in the coming months through the Business Interruption Grants (BIG) Program. The BIG Program is specifically designed to support businesses who endure lost revenue due to the COVID-19 public health emergency.
We know our state’s recovery relies on the economic survival of our regulated child care system.
The Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity in partnership with the Illinois Department of Human Services is charged to develop the grant program for licensed child care. The Child Care Restoration Grants will be administered by the Illinois Network of Child Care Resource & Referral Agencies (INCCRRA).
Child Care Restoration Grant Applications
First Round Grant Application opened on July 24, 2020, and closed on August 31, 2020.
Second Round Grant Application opened on October 1, 2020, and closed on October 15, 2020.
CCRG First Round Programs – Round Two Funding
Your application and eligibility in the first round automatically make you eligible for a grant in the second round. In order to receive an award in Round Two, you must have submitted July & August monthly reporting in the Director Portal by Wednesday, November 18, 2020. Programs that did not submit July & August monthly reporting by November 18, 2020, will not receive a second-round grant.
Monthly reporting is required for all programs that receive a Child Care Restoration Grant. The reporting is completed online in the Director Portal. Monthly reporting is due on the 15th of each month. For example, for October grants monthly reporting is due by November 15th Monthly reporting includes:
- pdf Monthly Expense Report - 2020 (405 KB) – Monthly expense reporting for July & August must be submitted by October 16, 2020, but the sooner you submit your reports the sooner your second-round grant check will be processed. pdf Monthly Expense Report (Spanish) - 2020 (400 KB)
- pdf Monthly Narrative Report - 2020 (112 KB) – The narrative report is collected through an online survey. This PDF will help you prepare your answers for entry online. Please note once you click on the link within the Director Portal and complete the narrative report, it will not show as complete in the Director Portal for 24-48 hours.
- Receipt of Approval letter – each program must submit one receipt of approval letter for the grant. First round eligible programs should upload their letter with the July report. Second round new programs will need to upload a receipt of approval letter with your October reporting. This letter will be emailed to second round programs on Monday, November 23, 2020.
Use the following resources to help complete the Monthly Reporting.
pdf Monthly Reporting FAQ (Spanish) - 2020 (300 KB)
Webinar Recording in English – PLEASE NOTE BEFORE VIEWING THE WEBINAR On the webinar we reported that mortgage was not an allowable expense. However, we have received further clarification that mortgage is an allowable grant expense. https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/recording/7136374032391600139
document Webinar Slides in English (1.60 MB)
Webinar recording in Spanish - PLEASE NOTE BEFORE VIEWING THE WEBINAR On the webinar we reported that mortgage was not an allowable expense. However, we have received further clarification that mortgage is an allowable grant expense. https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/recording/309090720143005452
document Webinar Slides in Spanish (1.62 MB)
Early Childhood Workforce Town Hall On Vaccine Distribution And Federal Relief Funding
Friday, January 15, 2021
Please join the Illinois Department of Human Services (IDHS) and our partners at the Governor’s Office and the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) for a Town Hall meeting with the early childhood workforce to discuss two important topics:
- Vaccine distribution for the early childhood field, and
- Funding included in the federal relief bill passed by Congress in December to support child care providers during COVID-19 in 2021.
The Town Hall will be delivered as a webcast hosted by INCCRRA and is intended for the entire early learning provider community. Due to the large number of people anticipated to join, we will not answer live questions during the webcast. However, participants will have the opportunity to submit questions during the webcast via the chat as well as submit questions prior to the webcast to help inform the presentation.
All questions gathered before and during the webcast will be cataloged and made available in a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) document also following the webcast.
This webcast does not qualify for Continuing Education credits (CEUs).
- Webinar Slides in English
- Webinar Recording in English
- Webinar Slides in Spanish
- Webinar Recording in Spanish
- pdf Vaccine Distribution FAQ (476 KB)
- pdf Vaccine Distribution FAQ - Spanish (96 KB)
Grant Eligibility Appeals
Appeals for first round grants closed on September 28, 2020. No additional appeals will be considered for first round grants.
Appeals for second round grants closed on October 22, 2020. No additional appeals will be considered for second round grants.
- pdf Child Care Restoration Grants Info Page - 2020 (338 KB)
- pdf Child Care Restoration Grants Info Page (Spanish) - 2020 (339 KB)
- pdf Child Care Restoration Grants FAQ (409 KB) (Updated 8.6.20)
- pdf Child Care Restoration Grants FAQ - Spanish (402 KB) (Updated 7.23.20)
- Zip Codes that Qualify as Disproportionately Impacted Areas
- Gateways Registry Director Portal
- W-9 Form
- Free DUNS Number
- Certificate of Good Standing
- pdf Certifications and Requirements - 2020 (793 KB)
- pdf Certifications and Requirements (Spanish) - 2020 (886 KB)