Child Care Restoration Grants
The Governor and the Illinois General Assembly has directed at least $270 million of the state’s Coronavirus Urgent Remediation Emergency (CURE) Fund to support the economic health of child care providers as our economy reopens in the coming months. As part of CURE, the Business Interruption Grants (BIG) Program is specifically designed to support businesses who endure lost revenue due to the COVID-19 public health emergency.
We know our state’s recovery relies on the economic survival of our regulated child care system.
The Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity in partnership with the Illinois Department of Human Services is charged to develop the grant program for licensed child care. The Child Care Restoration Grants will be administered by the Illinois Network of Child Care Resource & Referral Agencies (INCCRRA).
Child Care Restoration Grants application is now available!
To apply for the Child Care Restoration Grants, you will need to login to the Gateways Registry and enter your Director Portal. Access the application by clicking on the Child Care Restoration Grants Application box and then click on "Apply Now" to begin your application. For help navigating through the application, view the Steps to Apply.
If you haven't already, follow these steps to gain Director Portal access.
- Go to https://registry.ilgateways.com/. Under Be a Member, click Director Portal.
- Click Authorized Program Contact Access Request Form to download the form.
- Complete the Authorized Program Contact Access Request Form and mail, fax, or email it. Wait a couple of days, then log into your Registry Dashboard and there will be an option for your Director Portal.
Applications will be available through August 14th, 2020.
Technical Assistance Webinars
The Child Care Restoration Grants Technical Assistance Webinar discussed the Restoration Grant and walked through how to apply online through the Gateways Registry Director Portal. The webinar provided information on what documents to collect, and what information you need to have ready before you apply.
Recordings & Slides:
To view webinar recordings, you will need to enter your name and email address.
- English Webinar Recording (Monday 7/20)
- Grabación de seminarios web en español (martes 7/21)
- pdf English Webinar Slides (3.84 MB)
- pdf Diapositivas webinar en español (5.04 MB)
- Gateways Registry Director Portal
- W-9 Form
- Free DUNS Number
- Certificate of Good Standing
- pdf Certifications and Requirements (793 KB) - This document will need to be completed, signed, and included with your application. You have two options. Complete editable fields and sign electronically using the steps to sign on the last page. Or print, complete, sign, and scan/take a picture. In the online application, there will be a place to upload this document.
- pdf Certifications and Requirements - Spanish (886 KB)
- pdf Child Care Restoration Grants Info Page (335 KB)
- pdf Child Care Restoration Grants Info Page (Spanish) (339 KB)
- pdf Child Care Restoration Grants FAQ (383 KB) (Updated 7.23.20)
- pdf Child Care Restoration Grants FAQ (Spanish) (402 KB) (Updated 7.23.20)
- Zip Codes that Qualify as Disproportionately Impacted Areas