Child Care Restoration Grants
Illinois was awarded funding in 2021 through the COVID federal relief package passed by the US Congress. With this funding the Illinois Department of Human Services continued the Child Care Restoration Grants (CCRG) and provided 6 rounds of CCRG grant funding from January 2021 – December 2022, providing over $6 million in relief funding to child care programs in Illinois.
Child Care Restoration Grants were available to licensed child care centers, licensed family child care, and license-exempt child care centers. The child care grant payments were based on the licensed capacity of programs and used step-down funding, decreasing the amount of funding provided each round.
Click here for information on the Child Care Workforce Bonus
Click here for information on the Strengthen and Grow Child Care Grants
pdf CCRG Flyer - Spanish (326 KB)
pdf CCRG Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) 2021 (862 KB)
pdf CCRG Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) 2021 - Spanish (866 KB)
CCRG 2021 Monthly Reporting
Monthly Reporting is required for all CCRG funds received. To be eligible for a Strengthen and Grow Child Care Grant (SGCC) Round 6 you must complete CCRG reporting. We encourage programs to use the resources below to complete CCRG monthly reporting.
Resources to help complete monthly reporting:
- pdf Instruction Worksheet (821 KB) – read through the instructions and complete the worksheet. This will help you prepare to enter information correctly into your monthly reporting within the Director Portal. An incorrect monthly report will slow down the approval of your second-round grant payment.
- pdf Round One Monthly Reporting FAQ (846 KB) – many questions, including allowable expenses are included in this FAQ. Take a moment to read through these questions. Completing your monthly reporting correct is important! An incorrect monthly report will slow down the approval of your second-round grant payment.
- Narrative Quarterly Reporting – Programs are required to complete an online narrative report. This report is not immediately updated in the Director Portal. Please complete the report and then wait a day or two for it to update into the Director Portal.
- Monthly Reporting Video – Watch this video for step by step instructions on how to complete round one monthly reporting in the Director Portal. You will need to enter your name and email address to access the video recording.
- pdf Monthly Reporting and Narrative Reports Tip Sheet - Round Four (889 KB)
- pdf Monthly Reporting and Narrative Reports Tip Sheet - Extension Round 5 (898 KB)
CCRG Reporting Dashboards
For a list of CCRG recipients visit the IDHS website.
- pdf CCRG Round 1 Reporting Dashboard (1.19 MB)
- pdf CCRG Round 2 Reporting Dashboard (1.06 MB)
- pdf CCRG Round 3 Reporting Dashboard (1.18 MB)
- pdf CCRG Round 4 Reporting Dashboard (1.21 MB)
- pdf CCRG Round 5 Reporting Dashboard (723 KB)
Child Care Restoration Grants 2020
The Governor and the Illinois General Assembly in calendar year 2020 directed $270 million of the state’s allocation of the Coronavirus Relief Fund (CRF) established through The CARES Act to support the economic health of child care providers as our economy reopened through the Business Interruption Grants (BIG) Program. The Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity in partnership with the Illinois Department of Human Services developed the grant program for licensed child care. The Child Care Restoration Grants were administered by the Illinois Network of Child Care Resource & Referral Agencies (INCCRRA). The BIG Program was specifically designed to support businesses who endured lost revenue due to the COVID-19 public health emergency. This funding has been expended and programs that received a Child Care Restoration Grant in 2020 are required to input monthly reporting into the Director Portal.
- pdf Child Care Restoration Grants Funding Summary - 2020 (614 KB)
- pdf Child Care Restoration Grants Info Page - 2020 (338 KB)
- pdf Child Care Restoration Grants Info Page (Spanish) - 2020 (339 KB)
First Round Grant Application opened on July 24, 2020, and closed on August 31, 2020. Appeals for first round grants closed on September 28, 2020.
Second Round Grant Application opened on October 1, 2020, and closed on October 15, 2020. Appeals for second round grants closed on October 22, 2020.